Tuesday, November 15, 2005

42 hrs 910 kms round trip ... Awesome riding experience

This weekend we had the most amazing ride.
Imagine 25 Crazy Enfield machines, 26 Crazy Bikers crusing through NH-8 from Gurgaon to Jaipur, Ajmer to Pushkar. Everyone on the way, made way for us.
Although I am riding solo and/or with friends for last 2 years now, this was my first ride with the "Royal Beast" Bullet Club.

Day1 12th November 2005:
4:30 AM: Alarm buzzing, Society Guard (as instructed before going to sleep) desperately Ringing my Door Bell, Sadanand calling my mobile to wake me up.
I woke up and said to myself "It is too cold out there. I must be crazy to do this. I have slept at 2:30 last night and there is no way I can wake up at this time." So I reset the alarm for 5:30, shove away the guard and went back to the comfortable dream world.
5:30 AM Alarm again woke me up. I knew, it is Now or never. I remembered the saying "If you really want to reach heights and go a long way, overcome your reasons."
6:00 AM I was standing right in front of my bike, stuff packed up, ready to leave.
Location Sec-82, NOIDA. Odometer reading 44904.2

6:40 AM reached IFFCO Chock, Gurgaon. 20 other Club members, all packed up with biking gear, were having their Morning tea. Each bike and the biker had their own individuality. Most of the members are riding for 4-5 years now
In last 2-3 years, I have done many rides but something inside me was saying that this is going to be a different experience.
6:50 AM Everyone started their bikes. The roaring sound of 25 Royal enfields was good enough to wake everyone up in the vicinity of few kms. It was an early warning for the stampede that was on its way.

7:05 AM The Ride started. It was chilling, not just because of the cold wind, but also with the experience of riding with some of the finest riders of the town. Being early saturday morning, there was very less traffic on Delhi-Jaipur Highway. All of us were crusing at around 70 kmph.
8:10 AM Short break for 20-30 minutes, took few photographs.
9:15 AM Breakfast time. We stopped at a road side-dhaba, ordered 27 Chai (I had 2 cups) and snacks to start with, then 80 Aalu+Gobhi+Muuli paranthas with butter+dahi, then again chai. Dhabawala was astonished to see so many riders at one time and as he was not prepared for it, he actually took more than 2 hrs to prepare food.
11:30 AM We started our journey again, by this time sun was shining bright on the sky and it was warm. Since ride was long and everyone has their own riding style, we eventually broke into groups of 2-6.
Delhi-Jaipur Highway NH-8 is very good (that is, once you manage to cross Manesar), but Highway after Jaipur-bypass to Ajmer is too too good. It is paradise for every rider. More than 100 kms, 6 lanes, with shoulder and believe me NO TRAFFIC. I donot remember using my brakes, except for when we stopped for a break.

4:30 PM Ajmer was just 30 kms away and I got a flat tyre. Sadanand was riding just behind me. We stopped inquired the local passersby about the puncture mechanic and we found out nearest one was half a km away. Parked the bike on the road-side, took the flat tyre out. I holded the type over my shoulders, sat on the Bag on Sada's bike, as we were not in a mood to untie it. It was another kind of adventure.
5:30 PM and 3 chai down, puncture fixed, ready to start again.
6:00 PM by the time me and Sada reached Ajmer, the city had already experienced the Thumping beats of Bullets. Everyone was looking stunned. They actually guided us to hotel the entire gang was staying. All I asked them was "which direction bikes went."
6:30 PM checked in the hotel. Had a talk and plan update with the gang.
8:15 PM started for Pushkar ride.

I can't believe it, I wrote this long and still I am not half way through ... I'll write more on this.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wot happened after that?

Monday, December 05, 2005 7:41:00 PM  
Blogger Ritesh Dahiya said...

Sorry RK I won't be able to help you out with that.
I have moved to Seattle, WA for next few months.

Take Care.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 3:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home