Tuesday, September 27, 2005

What to answer ...

Recently a friend of mine send me this forwarded mail with following pic
It shows a answers sheet of a student.

If I would have been this person's teacher I would have given him some marks.
What do you say !
I think it is a mistake from teacher's part also, as the Question is not very clear, in terms of requirements.
I agree, people with the same context or background will understand and respond with calculations and the value of 'x' in cms.
But are they teaching students to think in a certain way also !!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah buddy I agree with you, had I been the teacher and If I wanted to check how blindly people follow what is obvious, without applying thought, I would have awarded the guy full marks.

The question did not ask, find 'the value of' x, it simply said something which seemed obvious and appealed to the masses.

The guy was original at least!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:44:00 PM  
Blogger Ritesh Dahiya said...

That's what I am saying !

Why do people keep on telling me think in a certain way. Since everyone is thinking like that, this one is the best and the only way !

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home