Friday, May 27, 2005

Expectations !

They say "Expectations are the cause of all miseries in Life !"
I agree with that statement.
Whenever "you" ( should say "I", but at this point, I am not willing to take responsibility, so I am pointing finger at someone else :D ).
Let me start again.
Whenever you have expectations and they are not fulfilled, you experience lack of power and self expression. These expectations can be from anyone: parents, friends, spouse, peer, employer, movies, society, city, country (and list goes on... ).
These expectations are the real cause of suffering.

Donot get me wrong. In any way I am not saying expectaions are bad or you should not have expectaions. In my opinion, without these expectations Life will be mechanical, boring and it's uncertainity will be lost.
All I am saying is, if your expectaions are not fulfilled, donot go in the tunnel of suffering. Be clear that since your expectations were not fulfilled that's why this suffering. Now you will have power back within you to set some more expectations.
and move on...

One important thing I'd like to mentions here.
Sometimes the nature of relationship define these expectations, e.g. friends, marriage, employer-employee etc.
It will always be a good idea to let the other person/party know that these are your expectations. So that both of you are aware of them. And expectations are set right.

If they are still not fulfilled, in significant number of occasions, I'll suggest "let go" either having expectations or that relationship.

That's the way life works!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home